Have you ever sat there and dreamed about the applications of User Generated Content? Or Am I that much of a nerd that I am the only person to delve deeply into the topic.
User generated content is simply a site that is a collective of different content creators all sharing information on the same site. A perfect example of user generated content is Youtube. Users supply the vast majority of videos to the site.
User Generated Content Benefits
- Multiply the content you could put out by yourself. As a blogger, I love the power to influence social media trends. At the same point, I am always looking to leverage that knowledge, so a larger audience could benefit. One way that I do this is through guest contributions. If I wanted to take this to the next level I would definitely through more outside contributors to my blog.
- Increase your search traffic with the additional content you have from multiple sources. The more content you put out the more chances you have to be found by Google.
- Provide a constant source of information to engage visitors. You can always be coming up with new content to help your visitors grow.
- An active site looks more professional, because you are constantly updating your site to keep up to date for your readers.
- The content generators generally become some of your biggest advocates. They are the people who are more committed to your site succeeding versus traditional readers.
User generated content is a tremendous tool to help you build your site traffic. User generated content helps you work smarter.