Do you ever have dreams about the best Firefox extensions?
I realized something as I was drifting off to sleep last night. I rarely, if ever, talk about the best Firefox extensions for your business. Aside from the question, “Andy, that is what you think about when you go to sleep at night” conversation that will inevitably come from this sorted topic, there is tremendous value in discussing the best Firefox extensions.
That also, brings up another point. Which browser do you use? I prefer Firefox. It all started back in 2007 when my internet explorer stopped working on a dell laptop that I had at the time. Firefox works a lot smoother than internet explorer, plus it has a lot of other cool features that chrome and explorer do not.
That brings us back to the best Firefox extensions for your business. There are some really cool things that you can do with Firefox extensions.
Ten Best Firefox Extensions
- Speed Dial- This is great for business people who go to the same site repeatedly.
- Rank Checker is great if you want to see where you rank for specific keywords. You can also check out your competitors as well.
- Toolbar Browser By Trellian. There are a lot of different toolbars out there. I like this one, because whenever I pull up a site it shows me the sites Alexa, Compete, PageRank, and SEMRush Rank for the site. When I go to a site that talks about SEO and they have an Alexa ranking of 9,543,487 and PR 1 I know to move on.
- Skype Extension-For those looking to contact people on Skype from your browser.
- Evernote Web Clipper- Love to store notes and ideas on Evernote. This Firefox extension makes it easy for you to do from any website.
- LastPass Password- This provides you with a password manager that you can operate on your browser, but is stored on your hard drive for extra security
- eCash URL Shortener- This is one that I have not used yet, but looks like something definitely worth trying. It is a shortener for your affiliate links, so you can make money on short URL codes. Sounds useful on Twitter.
- Google Toolbar-This should be self-explanatory, but if you want to have the largest search engine in the world available right away then take advantage of it.
Now that you are an expert at using the best Firefox extensions, please let us know which ones are most useful to you? Additionally, what do you think are the best Firefox extensions?
Admittedly I’m not that big a fan of Firefox, as I find Chrome to be much more intuitive than either that or Safari.
Extensions are coming up thick and fast too; I managed to even get hold of that elusive Skype extension!
An alternative to firebug would be chrome’s inbuilt ‘inspect element’ feature, which is pretty deep stuff even for me.
Like you I have been using Firefox for several years. As to dreaming about Firefox extensions, have not done that yet. The extensions that are available for Firefox makes it the best browser package for my use. Andy, have not used many of the extensions that you have on your list. Two of my favorites that are on your list are Evernote and Firebug. Thanks for sharing your list, it give me more information about extensions that could be of benefit.
Perry A Davis Jr
Evernote is just such a cool product already. The fact that we can add even more to it with Firefox is really cool!
LOL, you’re funny Andy. Yes, why in the world are you thinking about Firefox extensions while you drift off to sleep?! I think you need some R&R or a meditation practice! 😉
Thanks for sharing this list. I use Firefox most of the time, expect for the occasional times something isn’t working and it does in another browser. That is all so strange to me! I only use a couple of these ~ Rank Checker and Google Toolbar, so I have a lot of exploring to do, thanks!
Thinking of Firefox as I drift off to bed is my meditation!
Rank Checker is just the bomb! Thanks also for the heads up on the warning you received!
What a timely post for me. I’ve been having some trouble with my firefox. Either too slow, or it gets stuck. I booked marked this page so I can use this information. Thanks so much!
When does your Firefox get stuck or slow down? When you first get on the browser, or after a while?
Great coverage of some great sounding extensions Andy. I use google chrome, but if I ever switch back to FF, I will surely use this as reference.
Chrome is not bad either. I use it for my clients work, because it is a little leaner and meaner to get things done faster.
Thanks for this, Andy! Am gonna check some of those out. I love the Evernote stuff…I actually just started using it! I don’t dream about it, but I still really like it.
I have been using Evernote on and off for the past year. Need to be more consistent with my usage.
Thanks for the Top Ten Firefox extension reviews. I love Firefox and use several extensions. I’m very curious about Rank Checker. One I really like for FTP is FireFTP. There are a few on your list I would certainly consider trying out. Thanks!
I have never used FireFTP. Good to know about.
Interesting list. It looks like I have to stick to my firefox a little bit longer. 🙂 Thanks!
Test it out and let me know your thoughts!