[viral-downloader align=”left” configuration=”3330″ facebook_message=”Share on Facebook And Receive 10 Things Not To Do On Facebook”]
Blogging for profit is a huge component for most bloggers today. Below are seven ways you can start blogging for profit today.
- Finding new clients online: What is your niche? Are you an electrician? photographer? travel agent? social networking schmoozer? Creating a blog with useful information will help your readers understand more of what you do, and realize how much of a resource you can be to them. Then when they are thinking of using electrical, travel, social networking services they will be more likely to have you top of mind.
- Updating Current Clients: Blogging for profit does not mean just finding new clients. Instead, you can also use a blog as a great resource for your current clients by keeping them updated on new products, services, and events. This is great for an established company looking to keep up with the times and stay in touch with their savvy, online audience.
- Affiliate Marketing: Ever see a link from the Social Networking Schmoozer with a parenthesis afterwords stating affiliate? Yes, great then that is affiliate marketing. If you have not seen it then check below to the recommended websites. These are all sites that I use and believe in, and at the same time I get a little bit of cash every time I recommend someone to use their services. Want to become an affiliate? There are a number of great affiliate sites, but one that I have been having some recent success with is Peerfly, which is a Cost Per Action affiliate program(Note: I provided my affiliate link). Every time someone completes XYZ steps on a site you can get paid. It might be $1,-$100 depending on the action.
- Pay Per Click Marketing: A similar model to affiliate marketing is Pay Per Click marketing (PPC). The most famous PPC company is Google. Every time someone clicks on a link going to another site, you can earn a percentage of this advertising money based on a formula Google devised. One note: I do not use Google PPC with this blog, because Google looks at advertisers with similar websites to your own and then sends your traffic to those sites. If you are promoting a product or service, do not put PPC ads on your site. That is the definition of penny wise and pound foolish.
- Selling Products Online: Another option for those creative types is to create your own product. I have known people who make six figure incomes from selling their informational products online. It was a route that I attempted with one of my first blogs, but have not done much with since. Generally when you sell a product online, you have a separate site for each internet marketing product. A blog is a great way to generate traffic to that product.
- Subscriber List: Another way of using a blog is as an enticement for people to join a subscriber list. Provide people with valuable content on your blog, and demonstrate how they can receive more valuable information with your newsletters, podcasts, and/or video courses. Then at regular intervals provide the quality information for your paid subscribers to benefit from your advanced knowledge. You can then charge them an amount fair to what you are providing. A monthly newsletter with social networking tips might be $10/month. Maybe you will provide an entirely new internet course every month on a different topic related to your blog for $99/month. I once paid for a subscription to a real estate investor, who sent me an hour-long CD every month for $25/month. It was well worth it, and in one year he received $300 from me and every one of his subscribers for only 1 hour of work per month.
- Directing Traffic To an E commerce Store: This blogging for profit strategy is similar to selling products online, except that you have an entire store of products. The most notable e-commerce stores are Amazon, Walmart.com, Buy.com, and Ebay. That does not mean you can not create your own E-store today with a blog driving in the traffic. Gather up a number of different products for a specific niche and start selling products there. Amazon began as a bookseller and later on expanded into different categories.
As you can see there are a number of ways that you can be blogging for profit. Choose the route that makes the most sense to you and determine what topics you can talk about on a regular basis that you will earn you enough traffic for your blog to be successful. Then you create the product around the niche and you can start blogging for profit.