I thought an affiliate marketing tutorial would be helpful as an additional tool in your online toolbox. This is going to be a two-part series. Today, I want to talk about different ways to market your business with the Social Networking Schmoozer authorized Affiliate Marketing Tutorial.
In this Affiliate Marketing Tutorial, I want to cover some of the basics of how to start as an affiliate and begin marketing your products. Also, I want to share some ideas I am having for a free webinar at the end of the week or beginning of next week to see who is interested.
Affiliate Marketing Tutorial-14 Tips Of The Trade
1. You need a plan of action. My recommendation is to look through the different aspects below and figure out what works best for you. Then go out every day for at least 1 hour and take action on that item(s) for a minimum of 120 days. I would say 90 days, but most people pretty much mess up everything the first few goes. That is why it is a go and not a failure. After 30 days things will start to make sense and you get in a good groove to make things happen.
2. You need a website. This is not a passing fancy idea here, but a long-standing belief in the fact that you can not just randomly be successful without some type of destination for your traffic to go to. The big question now is how to do this as cheaply as possible with the least amount of strife. Heretofore I have some specials from Godaddy to help you claim a domain name while keeping more coins in your pocket.
Special Sale! 35% off .com domains at GoDaddy.com!
Update: 8/31/19– While I did use Hostgator when I originally wrote this post, I moved over to LiquidWeb.
3. You have to now get traffic to your new site. How do we do that? Well, this is where the fun rests and where the plethora of options await you. Let’s start off with Social Networking because this site is about social networking. I am not going to go into long diatribes about how to use social networking for your business. Use other posts, such as The Social Networking Weekly Plan, Free Twitter Traffic, or Facebook 101 For Business. All I have to say is that Facebook and Twitter can be very good friends for your affiliate marketing business.
4. Start using video to build your traffic to your website and tell the story of why people should use your affiliate products. Again, I am not going to start explaining Youtube when you can check out Youtube Tutorial 101: Quickie Videos That Rock! or The Youtube Creators Playbook.
5. Please note that as an affiliate myself, it would be a disservice to not point out that the vast majority of all links included in this blog post are affiliate links where I will make money off the transaction.
6. That actually leads me to creating your own blog. A website is sometimes by itself in this day and age not enough. You also need to make sure that you have a site that always has new content and is always evolving. The fact is that a site with new content gets more traffic and has enough content to attract a diverse range of readers. For setting up a blog check out Setting Up A Blog, Can You Make Money Blogging, or Html Blogging: Putting Your WordPress CMS Together.
7. Start taking action! The fact is the information that I am discussing with you today is worthless without you taking action on it. What is the point if no one does anything? So, think about this in the next 24 hours. How will you create a plan of action on that you can get started on by Friday. That does not mean you have customers, it just means that you need to think about how you will be well on your way to having a plan that is in operation.
This is part 1 of a two part series for the Affiliate Marketing Tutorial.
Great tips Andy. I’ve dabbled in affiliate marketing but never seriosly pursued it, so I look forward to part 2 of your tutorial.
What do you think of part 2?
Great post! You have done a great job outlining some basics on affiliate marketing. I am with you on this one. Sometimes people think or are told they can have an affiliate marketing business online without a blog. You said it so well, you must have central location where your traffic go to..
If people follow your training on how to generate blog traffic from Twitter and Facebook, You Tube and other social media sites, it will make sense. Ok I am heading over to Part Two of this training. Thanks Andy.