Today we are taking a looking at the 8 ways to increase quality backlinks for additional traffic to your blog. These methods have worked for me over the past 2 years. Today, I have grown my search visitors to nearly 12,000 visits every month from Google . The reason why I discuss quality backlinks today, is because with quality backlinks you can also get quality traffic to your site and get people interested in your products and services.
8 Types Of Quality Backlinks
1. Guest blog post-While I post regularly here at AndyNathan.net, I also blog on other sites as well. One of the reasons why I do this is because I am looking to connect with the readers on a different blog. The other is, because I can get backlinks to my own my blog that can be used for search engine optimization. If anyone is looking for this method to get additional backlinks to their blogs and websites, check out my guest blog page for more information.
2. Blog Comments- When you engage on other people’s blogs, it can be a tremendous opportunity to not only connect with another blogger, it is also an amazing opportunity to bring traffic back to your site. First, you will have people who look through your comments and visit your blog. Second, if the blog is a do follow blog you can also get some SEO juice from the backlinks.
3. Directory Posts-There are hundreds of different directories out there who will list your blog on their site. That way when people check out the directory visitors can check out your site. The largest directory is DMOZ, however, they are a bit challenging to get listed, so your best bet is to start with smaller directories for your backlinks.
4. Social Media Profiles-Who would have thought that social media had other applications outside of being a great source for connections? While not all social networks provide do-follow back links there are some pretty high end social network sites that do. These include YouTube, Google Plus, StumbleUpon, Digg, and SourceForge.
5. Article Marketing-Similar to doing a guest blog post, except article marketing is generally used for article distribution sites, such as Ezine Articles, GoArticles, and Hub Pages. While these sites took a bit of a hit last year after the Google Panda update, a number of them still provide quality traffic for sites.
6. Video Marketing-the alternative to article marketing is Video marketing. With the software available today most entrepreneurs can create basic videos for backlinks with limited budgets. Everything from still shots using Animoto to Flip cameras are great ways to promote your business and drive quality backlinks. Plus, with the right engaging videos you can create long-lasting traffic.
Update: 4/11/13 Check out a new video creator called Sparkol for quick hand-drawn videos that can be used for your back-linking efforts.
7. Internal Linking-Has anyone noticed through this post that I keep linking to other blog posts that I have written? That is because you do not always have to go outside your site for quality backlinks.
8. Forum Posts-I love Warrior Forum. It is a great source of information about internet marketing and also every time I post I get a backlink to my blog. I have close to 400 posts on Warrior Forum, which means close to 400 backlinks (some sections, such as the WSO and War Room do not give backlinks). Find a niche forum that you are interested in and start creating content for that niche.
The 8 quality backlinks methods are just the start of what you can do to get quality backlinks for your blog. The great thing about these methods is that they are also free or very inexpensive. There are, however, a number of premium methods as well for those who want to ramp up their links faster. In the meantime, this should give you a great start as you begin to build quality backlinks to your blog.